View Single Post
Old 4th June 2009, 06:21 PM

Just found out that one of my pilot jet screw was missing out of one of the carbs so engine was only running on 3 cylinders, not sure about high revs but definitely at low to mid. New one coming tomorrow so should boost the power a bit. Bit disappointed motoscope didn't spot this though, i thought it was running a bit rough at tickover so took each plug out and cylinder 2 wasn't firing.

Anyway, for the jigs Bonzo i shall be making permanent jigs on the next run to be used on future builds. I've also started putting all the chassis plates onto autocad, i'm friendly with a local engineering shop with an automated plasma cutter so that i can have them cut out all in one go.

I think RAW engineering will be a bit out of my league pricewise, i'm stilling at the planning stage and sorting out money to see me through the first build but i've got a share in a garage sorted out at only £30 per week so its getting there.

This ones just gone on pistonheads so the money is there, even with a reconditioned pinto engine rather than a brand new zetec:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1068461.htm

Andy