View Single Post
Old 14th August 2013, 08:33 PM

Yes, the book tank is very, very tight. Mine is a bit bigger than the spec due to bend radiuses. When pushing in place, it contacts the rollbar rear stay bracket gusset plates and the rear vertical tubes. Massaging the relevant places with a heavy hammer helped. That said, I had removed and reinstalled the tank without too much bother last week.

Also, pay attention to the material thicknesses when making sides of the tank. I had to ditch the first attempt as they were too tight to fit on the main section with this thickness. Now the extra sides serve as trays for the nuts and bolts.

I cannot comment on the internal swirlpot, I have no experience whatsoever with them, but I have doubts about them theoretically. Cars like this corner on the skidpad at around 1 g, meaning the surface of the fuel will lean at 45°. If you have a third or a tank of fuel, how long will you be cornering until all fuel escapes from the swirlpot? Also, remember that a typical injection fuel pump circulates at least 2 litres per minute, high performace pumps up to 5 litres per minute.