View Single Post
Old 9th April 2012, 04:22 PM

Default Let the fun begin :) (newbie)

Just a quick hello form me, just joined as i have been mooching for a few days and just ordered my copy of the book, should be here this week i hope.
I am a member on the other forum but as i believe i need to use the Haynes chassis for my build i found this forum with the adcive form others, so best of both worlds for help when needed i hope

I have almost given up my old hobby of 4x4 off roading, i want some thing a bit cleaner that welding rust together and scraping mud off everything, i have had the Locost build book in my shed for 16 years now and never got around to doing anything untill now, i still have my new 4x4 off roader but that mite just be for sale soon, only to fund a bit more of this project, we will see.

I have a small work area i will be doing the chassis work in, very small but i will squeze in i think. i have just cleared it out and built a new work bench and shelves to go in next before i make the work bench for the chassis. I have a good area for when the chassis is built to get around easyer. I will be gettting a marque for that.

My plan is to get the book and build the chassis ny the book but leavae a few parts out for fitting the 4x4 set i want, i will be using sierra 4x4 running gear ( complete donor ) but the engine will be the 2.9i 24v Cosworth engine and MT75 G box. There be the reason for leaving bits of the chassis build out, i know there will be loss of space for the driver with the T box where it is, shame i cant bet a left hand drive T box LOL. I will see if i can widen it a bit more so it will be wider on the central part of the chassis, i was going to use a Locost but i found the Haynes is wider.

I will be building the chasis while i am either hunting down parts or saving for the donor, either way i like to do build threads and as soon as i get the steel in i will strat the thread, i know folk like pics of builds, also you can tell me what i have done wrong easyer

All the best folks

Wolly