View Single Post
Old 11th February 2011, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosam View Post
Wow guys some really great responses there - thanks!

Captain, it is a 2.0Hdi 110bhp model. Already has a nice witter removable towbar fitted. I never thought it would be so well suited for towing, a real eye opener.

Mike, I am considering an Audi diesel as my sister uses one to tow a horse box regularly. I'm going to have a good look round for something, but thanks for your offer.

rpjg, I really like the look of those big pickups. I'd always assumed that they would be pretty good on fuel, being designed primarilly as commercial vehicles. Glad to be wrong about that and find out now rather than later.

Great advice guys, so i think the verdict at this point is a pickup not the best answer, but the C5 will do fine if I don't get something else.

Brilliant, thanks again!
I've always liked them too but having driven a few different makes and models i've never found them that comfy, probably because they are aimed at more commercial areas. They do what they are designed to do pretty well but there seem to be quite a few drawbacks. If u aren't towing u will probably find the back end skips and can lock wheels when braking hard (the boss carries some heavy fence weights in the rear tub to counteract this!) His is an auto and he just about manages 25mpg. Possibly a bit better on a run but it's never gonna be frugal
The road tax is definitely crippling and any tolls will rip u off too as it will be classed as commercial (as another of my boss's found travelling over the severn bridge everyday in his big fancy mitzi warrior which was his only family car!)

Plenty of opinions and options for u anyway

Russ