View Single Post
Old 30th May 2010, 09:47 AM

Hello everybody.

Thanks for the replies!

I have been checking my measurements regularly which raises an interesting point about laying out. I used a marker pen with a 1mm tip but the line it lays down is anout 1.5mm thick, as there are two lines this could cause deviation of up to 3mm on the plans so I have always used the center of the outside line - just a tip if anyone ends up in the same boat.

My welding is pretty good now, I have built a number of beach buggies so had to learn to create a safe weld as the chassis has a 12" (or so) section chopped out of it.

Finally my build is slightly different in that I have an MX5 as my donor. This raises interesting issues over the suspension geometry, engine mounting etc - I'd be interested in finding any other Roadster builders that have followed this route... I will be using Andys (Saturn) body panels so if anybody wants to put me right with regards to planning for brackets etc it'd be great - I have already found the thread re the rear tub so am happy that I won't be wasting time following the book there.

Do people post up build threads here? If so where abouts?

My build diary. http://www.mx5-locost.co.uk