View Single Post
Old 28th August 2011, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

An exhausting few days...

I now have my exhaust all fitted up and just ready for final dressing of the welds, a job I was realy dreading ( thinking it was going to be a total PITA ) was actualy not bad.

I have a 1.8cvh with an RS turbo manifold on it.

I got a silencer a month or three back, and then guessed a selection of pipe parts ( 2x 1m , 2x 45deg 1x 33deg and a sleeve ).

I then also bought a S/H Westfield CVH 4 branch. As option 2.

last week I mounted up the silencer, and then redid it the next day as I was unhappy. I had put the bobbins to one side and the exhuats was rather bouncy with the weight to one side.. So I re-did it with the bobins directly below the pipe and it was much better.

I got the Westi manifold through the post and it was a tantalising
ly close fit. it would probably work fine if the engine was a fraction further forward...

Anyway, I bought a 3 stage pipe adapter 54mm down to 48. which was almost perfect to go onto the turbo flange of the RST manifold. A few minuets with my Engineers Fettle and it was very close indeed and welded to the flange. The sleve joint was then slid into that, the first 45 bend into that, and the second 45 bend into that. and it fitted the silencer nicely.

Welded, up and finished. Making the downpipe probably took an hour tops

She's a bit quieter now

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders