View Single Post
Old 29th September 2013, 10:01 AM

Question Setting up Suspension

I know this has been covered numerous times on loads of forums but what and how is the best way to setup the car.
The reason I ask is my suspension is different to the book. My front top wishbones are adjustable with inboard rose joints for caster and the threaded adjuster is slightly further back than book spec also.
The front lower wishbones are also modified to clear the steering rack extension for the Mx5 version with the outer pickup point lower on the bottom ball joint bracket.
I've read that you have your lower wishbones level as a reference point for setting up but on mine they will need to be angled down slightly, is this correct.

I guess what I'm really looking for is advice on the following questions for an Mx5 based Haynes.

1, Ride height front and rear.
2, Camber front and rear.
3, Caster front.
4, Toe in/out front and rear.
5, How to eliminate bump steer.
6, Where and what order to start first.

I know it probably seems lazy on my part but as there are more Mx5 builders joining the forum I thought this would be useful for a lot of new members also.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa472/JohnoSS1/

Johno