View Single Post
Old 31st August 2010, 10:40 PM

Well I haven't had much time to play since I got my new TIG machine. It only came with a single 1.6mm tungsten which is a bit skinny for higher power jobs so I ordered a set of tungstens, shrouds and collets from the parts dept to give me all the options. They finally arrived today and this afternoon I tried it out. It seems to be stuck at a low current level and won't melt 3mm ali but I have the pedal attached. Although I have the switch set to "local" it seems to be controlled by the pedal anyway. Ronnie, if you read this, does the "local/remote" switch only control the switch or the current control too? I've only just thought about this as it was working well till I connected the pedal.

The only other Dragon news is that I now have a clutch cable! Last week I had to replace the clutch cable on my brothers Nissan Almera as it was seizing up! I ran some cleaning fluid through the old cable and you would not believe the crap that came out. Anyway after a couple of hours soaking in cleaning fluid I applied some slippy liquid (WD40) and it seems to be fine so I offered it to the Dragon and it is a perfect fit (although I've still got to make the pedal box ). If it turns out to be a FUBAR cable I can easily replace it at a small cost.

D.