View Single Post
Old 13th December 2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
Yeh the builds really starting to come together now.

Mark, did you do anything to the carbs to get the engine idling as mine needs lots of choke at the minute, i was planning on just adjusting the idle mixture on each carb.

Mike
Mine ran pretty well as they came off the bike

If you havnt already make sure the idle screws under the carbs are all in the same position by screwing them all home then back out the same ammount (approx 3 turns should be somewhere near)

Running without a silencer/no airfilter and no coolant isnt going to give you a steady idle with no choke after 30seconds running

I suspect once you have coolant in and can let it run for a while with the throttle stop adjusted accordingly it will idle anyway

When you get around to fitting an air filter i would change two of your trumpets also so they are all the same length

Something else to consider with the zx6r carbs is the heating circuit underneath with the little coolant pipes

Every man and his dog will tell you, you dont need to use them but i would suggest you do! My carbs froze up in temps nowhere near freezing point (due to fuel atomisation having a refrigerant effect)

I know the same happened to Spuds car with these carbs too

I have them plumbed in and its never happened since

So unless you are using it only during summer months i would plumb them in, but you do get some nice dry sunny crisp winter days where you cant help but take it for a spin