View Single Post
Old 25th June 2009, 03:40 PM

Ok, well i have a small sproblem on my hands. I welded on tr2 and tr1 onto the uprights u3,6,7,8. This wass all a bit difficult and i had to force everything into position. Once i welded tr1,tr2 in i test fitted u1 and u2 and heres my problem. They both are too short to reach tr1 and tr2 at the 24 degree angle. I think this is because when i welded tr1 and tr2 on i had to force the front frame forward abit,so it may have twisted forward stightlyso ff4 is no longer 74mm behind ff1, more like 65ish. So i measured the height of my chasssis and its meant to be 355mm but at the very front its 364 but is on a constant gradient down to the required 355mm as go go down tr1 and tr2. Im thinking i should just extend and ajust angles on u1 and u2 as it isnt going to really be a problem i think as at most its 10mm out in places but mosly my dimensions mach the books+-3mm which is pretty good i think.

Oh sh... i just made handy andys mistake ive welded u7 wrongly........uhhhhh uhh. Time to get the cutting discs out as my tig welds dont come off easily.