View Single Post
Old 30th May 2013, 04:43 PM

I've now wired my reverse and fog lights, fuel pump as well as soldering/heat shrinking all of the column cables, I have left out the wiper switches as I wont have a windscreen, but my loom has them in, so it gives me the opportunity in the future to put them in if I want to.

I have also drilled and tapped my offside mushroom/upright as well as reaming out the upright.

I've continued running my loom and have ordered some non-adhesive loom tape to allow me to tidy up the column wiring as it is just a jumble of wires at the moment.

I have also now mounted my front indicators and also now need to fill a hole in my nosecone where I drilled the hole in the wrong place .

My next job is to drill and tap/ream the nearside upright and then fibreglass the wings to the wing stays.

I still have a few more wiring jobs to do like welding bolts to the chassis to act as earth points and adding connectors to all of my earth leads, connecting up the front indicators and mounting the rear lights. I also need to order a fuel tank sender and wire that up.

So I'm managing to make a fair amount of progress at the minute now that I have finished my exams at uni, I will have officially finished my degree next Thursday after giving a couple of presentations, but only having another 2 weeks until I go on holiday for 2 weeks and then start my job the week after I don't have too much time so I'm trying to fit in as many jobs as I can. Then I have the task of deciding how I will get my kit car down south, I am thinking of just hiring another long wheel base transit van and stripping the car down completely putting into the back of the van and then rebuilding it, which will allow me to do the final fitment as I don't own a car with a tow bar to allow me to tow it.

My Build Blog: http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2736 - Last Update: 31st October 2020

Total Spent so far: Stopped counting