View Single Post
Old 24th February 2011, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Very very unlikly they will budge, the law has been in place for many years.

I fell foul of another part of the law, I forgot to tick the SORN box when returning a disk for refund. 8 months later I get a letter with a fine. The settled on 50% of the fine and no back tax, probably as I insisted that I thought I must have ticked the box, the nice e-mail corrospondent sent me the scanned form...

TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
SORN it online now mate, at least your ass will be covered from the start of this month

As far as I know, there is a standard fixed penalty for failure to declare sorn, not a sliding scale according to how many months have elapsed.

who knows, if you are lucky and if you SORN now, you may not hear anything from DVLA

Rob

Complete news to me & I have handled a fair few cars since all of this SORN malarkey came into force !!??

Nothing on the V5 to indicate that if you do not intend to tax the vehicle then SORN must be declared by the new keeper .... Could be a viable defefence for appealing any fixed penalty notice.

Mind you, probably wouldn't be wothwhile appealing as the penalty is doubled if you don't pay at the first time of asking.

In my defence, whenever I get a new vehicle, I always make sure that I take care of things at my end

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders