View Single Post
Old 21st August 2010, 05:21 PM

Cheers Ronnie, not too far off with your sherlock holmes work . I'm well pleased with the workstation. I welded the frame up yesterday afternoon then my mate gave me a bread tray trolley which i was going to rob of its castors but when I tried it turned out to be a perfect fit so I just drilled and bolted it on, quick spray job with "poundland" primer and then a coat of black to make it look a bit tidier, a shelf for the welder to sit on and an ali deck on top as a work area and bobs your father's brother . I still need to make a wooden deck for the bottom and fit a restraint for the Argon cylinder then its good to go.

Got a fiar bit of work to do with the TIG. First up is gluing all the bits together to make the inlet manifold then I need to hack about an inch and a half off the sump plus of course there's the SS exhaust headers and pipes to make plus a mate wants me to do some SS pipework for his bike and another mate wants me to fab up some throttle body inlets for some little shitroen cars or summat so there's a bit to go at yet. Probably will make a catch tank too and I'm sure there will be other jobs for it on the car. I've also got to make some brackets for sat dishes which I'm hoping will sell.

TT didn't forget my son I went and did the move about midday, thankfully only half a mile journey so not a major issue but he needed me to shift the bigger stuff in our camper so his bed is now back in his old room and the rest of his furniture is residing in the corner of my workshop. Hopefully not for too long though.

D.