Thread: side mirrors?
View Single Post
Old 21st January 2016, 12:31 PM

having been in the way of making stuff myself in the past , you will always get price knockers ~~~###, anyway yes I totally agree with the westfield pricing being horrendous, whilst "I am sure they are doing their best" ahem.. you only have to read the build threads to see that they have their own pricing supply stock problems.
folks it aint easy trust me I know.
however in their defence they are trying to prop up a business with shareholders etc
Any hows Talon's prices are more than reasonable, yes we all would like something a wee bit cheaper or a wee bargin here and there, but if we want to be able to buy rather than diy then there is a point where materials, operating costs and even a wee profit cant be lowered below ( I know I don't work for nowt )
any how I have no commercial interest other than a satisfied customer of Talon and I will however give as much support, help and enthusiastic support to any one who tries to help provide for our needs for our hobby.

Off ma soap box now
I do think the side frame area is somewhere that needs a bit of design though as again with the differing scuttle shapes the radii and angles are different , as I had to modify / reprofile the inside of the mounting point on the westy ones.
oh I think from memory the mirrors are rover 214