View Single Post
Old 17th July 2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainbug007 View Post
This is an interesting idea mark. So what's the difference between megajolt and megasquirt? Can't say know a lot about these so what do throttle bodies do??

If I go down this route do I need to get a new inlet manifold or do I just chop up the existing one somehow? When you talk about making a downpipe for your original cvh, i'm guessing you're on about changing the inlet manifold somehow and not the exhaust manifold? Can you post some pictures?

I'm hoping to use this engine for awhile just to get some it through iva and on the road. I'd then like to change to something else but haven't really decided. Tempted by a v8, zetec, or maybe combining the bottom end of a 2L zetec with the top end of my 1.8 cvh to make a zvh with high compression?

I'm thinking cutting the rail and shortening it then moving it towards the outside of the chassis to make the engine bay a bit bigger as I only need a couple of inches at most really.

Again if anyone can suggest or explain the above a bit better for a nub like me it'd be greatly appreciated!
megajolt can only run a engines ign system using a 36-1 trigger wheel and a edis unit with wasted spark coils

megasquirt is a standalone ecu that can be built/programed to run ign,inj and all sorts of other engin manigment bits and bobs from auto box control to verible cam timing also has the programing to run all sorts of engin types including bike engines and roterys
we are only intersted is its standerd funtions eg basic spark and fuel control
could even set your cvh to run say ign and bike throttles with injectors and then swap it all to a zetec or just use it to drive a wasted spark coil directly with no need for a edis unit