Thanks for replying. I've been over the switch plugs with the multimeter. The connections to the relays are open and there is power going into the plugs at the switches. I've changed the indicator switch because it was faulty and replaced with another bought from eBay. My thinking now is that the new unit is faulty. I am toying with the idea trying to make one good unit from the two I have. But this has been a real steep learning curve for me and sometimes with electrickery logic doesn't seem to play a part.