View Single Post
Old 18th November 2012, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

Default I no longer have to drive for my job so.....

Bear with me and keep reading..

Last year I was informed of redundancy to be effective Dec 2011, (it would have been August but we were opening a new site with all new systems so it was extended.. )

At the time of informment I was driving my Brother in laws old Volvo V40, it did the job but was not gr8, Sep 2011 I got a Merc C230 for £200 which was lovely and rode and drove and felt excellent.. But as my redundancy loomed I knew I would be working at a freinds company doing a lot of miles so decided I needed a Diesel and so bought my Mondeo 2.0 TDCi Ghia X.

Fortunately my employer said they would keep me on for "X" days and I decided to work 3 self employed (with my friend) and 2 with my employer.

I racked up 9K between Jan and the end of August in the Mondeo and it's done the job but not been Gr8 for me. It was at this point that my line manager had a convo with me and the organisation which basically resulted in me becoming full time employed again although with diminished Pay and responsibilities....

So I am back now walking to work 4-5 days a week... Can you guess what's coming?

I decided that as I don't need to do Mahooosive miles, or in fact NEED to don more than 5 or so a week that the benefit of a Oil burning car was a small one.

I decided that as I have not had an unsensible car for a few years that it was time to have one.

I decided that it must be a V6 or a V8. And at Least 3L

I had a small budget, so it had to be something generally not too popular..

I decided it MUST be RWD.

It Must not be From the Orient...

It had to be under 12 years old , not silver and have Leather.

And actually it had to be a Jaguar

So what have I Bought.......

A 2001, 3.0 V6 s-type Sport in dark blue ..

Drove back from Preston to Carlisle had a hicup with what I thought was a flat battery at the service station, Called the AA but got it going a minuet before he arrived! , why don't service stations sell jump leads???

WOW... WOWOWOWOOWOWO...

It's a few years since I have owned a 3.0 RWD V6 and it was lovely. Tickeover was almost silent.

The ride was lovely, the power delivery slick, the handling gr8, the comfort.

Couple of things to fix but I LOVE it already.

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders