View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2009, 08:52 AM

Beat you to it

http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1807

Remember speed kills - I once did 160mph and survived, how does that work? Seriously the obsession with speed is ridiculous - most accidents that are speed related are due to 'inappropriate' use of speed. A great example recently near me was where a group of 'yoofs' crashed their care at over 100 in a 60. What did the council do - put a 50 limit on the road - i'm sure that would have stopped the accident. Personally though I don't think people help themselves. A lot of 30s and 40s are actually there for a good reason, yet people go through them well above the limit. I must drive people mad as I will 'hoon' between the villages, slow down and stick to the limit through the village, whereupon the trailing cars will normally catch up as they speed through the village. Get to the otherside and gas it away into the distance again.

Of course, if speed does kill, perhaps we should just ban the car!

Cheers

Dave

P.S. Anyone got a donor going spare and what sort of prices are people paying for at the moment. I'm looking for a tax and tested example as I will need to drive it home. South Wales/west area preferred but will consider anywhere in the uk - it's a good excuse for a road trip!

Last edited by davidimurray : 22nd April 2009 at 09:02 AM.