View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2011, 08:02 PM

Default Wheel mounted indicators

A friend of mine has this on his Caterham and I love the idea.

This is how it works.

Mode 1 : Press turn signal button for 1 second, turn signal lights will flash for 7 seconds, then self cancel. This mode is usually used when changing lanes.
Mode 2 : Press turn signal button for 2 seconds, turn signal lights will flash for 20 seconds, then self cancel. This mode is usually used when slowing down to go around a corner.
Mode 3 : Press turn signal button for 4 seconds, turn signal lights will flash for 75 seconds, then self cancel. This mode is usually used when stopping at a signal light and turn will be made after stopping.

Note: All three modes above can be cancelled by pressing the same turn signal button a second time.

Mode 4 : Hazard Mode - is available all the time and will flash until cancelled. To engage, depress both the left and right turn signal buttons for 1 second. To cancel, depress both buttons again for one second.

So the question is would it pass IVA?

Would the wheel mounted buttons need to be marked with arrows?

I guess it would be easy enough to change it after IVA along with fitting a quick release wheel.

The system is available from a US company

http://www.signaldynamics.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypag e.tpl&product_id=36&category_id=14&option=com_virt uemart&Itemid=77