View Single Post
Old 29th January 2014, 08:08 AM

Smile

Thank you very much for the support and all the wishes, I really appreciated.

Now it is time for a small report about my inspection from yesterday. Well, I'm happy to say: it went pretty well!

First the inspector made me talk about my build, the parts I fitted, their origin, the technical choices I've made. There has been also a lot of paperwork, and I think he appreciated the way I planned the car, and the fact that I could answer all his question straight away.

Then he told me that he couldn't see any major problem with my build, and asked me to make only two small adjustments before the final inspection:
- put one or two extra fitting points on the exhaust, and at least one of them has to be from underneath the exhaust (there is only one now, and the muffler is hanging from it).
- reconnect the rocker-cover breather to the intake manifold or induction pipe. There is just a breather filter now, and they don't want that, or even an oil catch tank. They want all the vapours to be recycled in the engine to be burnt.

It is quite different from your IVA, as you go to the inspector's place. Everything happens in his own garage (where he is building a car himself), so it is quite friendly. I don't know about the final inspection though, as they need some specific equipment to test the brakes, etc.

The inspector is a star here, as he had a TV show for years (the car doctor), and he has been very friendly, welcoming, nice, and it was no problem for him to speak English with me even though he was absolutely not obliged to do that. So good feeling

Driving there and back, loading and unloading 2 times the Roadster on the trailer in the cold has been a real pain though, the weather was terrible (snow, wind, and slippery roads, all that at night time), but we did it!

So now, the goal is to have the car finished for May or June. I'll get my body kit in 2 or 3 weeks, and now, I have time to strip off the car, send the chassis to sandblasting and powder coating, buy another engine, and finally reassemble everything together.

Thank you very much again for the supports.