View Single Post
Old 13th October 2012, 09:21 PM

Unhappy CVH won't start!

Hi Everyone,

I'm having problems getting my engine to start...My setup is a 1.8CVH with ZX6R carbs, Bogg bros manifold, ZX6R fuel pump and Megajolt ignition.
The engine has been stripped, cleaned and rebuilt, the carbs have also been cleaned and rejetted.

At the moment I'm trying to get it to fire running with just EDIS in limp home mode but having no luck. The engine turns over fine both by hand and with starter. If you try starting with full throttle it comes close to starting with quite a bit of smoke, however if you put on the choke the engine emits loud bangs similar to a backfire and the air and fuel mixture occasionally hiss back out of carb trumpets.

All plugs are new, sparking correctly and have correct gaps, timing is fine, all ignition leads are new and are on correct plugs and fire in the right order, crank sensor wiring is okay as are all engine/head earths.
I've taken the carbs off and all inlet ports are wet, as are the plugs in cylinders 2,3 and 4 but NOT in cylinder 1.

I'm at a loss as what the problem is... does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Cheers,
Nathan