View Single Post
Old 23rd December 2012, 10:13 PM

Terry, you are more than welcome.

Rob they are called AeroCatches, you can buy them from ebay and a few other places, but they cost £45 a pair so aren't cheap...They are the flush fitting and lockable variety, you can get non-locking flush and lockable/non-locking surface mounted so you just bolt them on instead of bonding them.

The way the brackets are set up allow for the lateral positioning of the bonnet as the bonnet is flush up against them so it stops them moving side to side and the brackets have slotted holes to allow them to be moved inboard to line the bonnet up correctly. I agree that if it was just the pins then this would be the case as you then have no adjustment.

1 thing I do have to mention though is be careful when you put the brackets on and fit the bonnet, the bottom flange of the bonnet needs a recess cutting in it which goes to the edge of the bonnet and my bonnet had an air bubble in it where the fibreglass hadnt been pushed into the gel coat, and when the bonnet was fitted the gel broke off (you can see this in the first picture, the front bracket), however as I am vinyl wrapping my bodywork it isnt an issue for me as I can easily sort it out with body filler, however if you have decent bodywork you need to be careful.

My Build Blog: http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2736 - Last Update: 31st October 2020

Total Spent so far: Stopped counting

Last edited by Tatey : 23rd December 2012 at 10:18 PM.