View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2010, 10:42 AM

Thats a very nice looking piece of kit you have designed. Do you have any of these made up or do you only have the CAD rendering? Looking at what you have there in laser cut parts (which could be made cheaper with out the holes every where) against the prices I've been given for my lastest order of 3mm work, I'd say theres £50 of laser cut components, £20 male and female rose joints, £36 ball race bearings, £20 springs , 2 hours of assembly welding @ £30per hour and £30-40 powder coat. Add your profit to each unit and £300 a go is not a bad price. Not sure you will have many takers for those that are trying to built their cars for less than £2000 but then you can't sell every thing to every body! There are builders that will spend £500-600 on a new set of wheels and tyres but not £360 on coilovers and springs.
The other way to look at your design, although it does look good is that it is perhaps more complicated that it needs to be?
The very best of luck with your products but please bare in mind that you are trying to sell to people that are either 'building a sports car on a budget' or the other place I'm guessing we'll find you is on 'locost builders' who are trying to build cars for nearly FREE.

Direct email phil@talonmotorfabrication.co.uk

talonmotorfabrication@gmail.com

Mobile office hours 07514098334