View Single Post
Old 5th July 2011, 02:40 PM

Default Shocking Question

Hi Andrew,

I appreciate your input as a skilled constructor & competitor. I have read this question and found it extremely interesting. The question on ride height and adjustability is something I am inputting in my build. I have spent a lot of time following the McSorley design in the U.S, in which he uses circle track adjustable inner control arm mountings on the front of his car. This means an additional vertical member in the frame and does aray with the front awkwardly angled frame section.

My thoughts are that in the event of altering ridr height, changing shocks etc., etc., resetting the front suspension geometry should be easily resolved.

My only thought is that the the inner control arm is in single shear, but the dirt track racing that these units are designed for, cop a heap of abuse and should be suitable for our clubman style cars.

Oh I am a long way off the build process at this time, as I am collecting all mt "treasures & tooling" to start.

I really appreciate the input and assistance I get from this site and other "Locost" sites such as "ozclubbies" and "locost usa".

Thanks to all the contributors and have a safe, enjoyable day.

Thanks

Brian