Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Chassis
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th February 2012, 05:33 PM

Unhappy Front frame

Hi everyone this is my first post so please be gently with me I am not using a pre cut pack I trying to do it the hard way! something tells me I should have brought a pre cut pack. I have a metal cutting bandsaw and have tryed to keep everything as accurate as I possibly can etc.
I have just found out that to my horror my front frame from ff1 to ff4 is more than 75mm it is about 81mm it is even so it is not twisted etc it was made using the jig obuviously not well enough!!! something has gone wrong. I found this out when I trial fitted TR2 and TR1 and found out that they over lap the top of U5 and U4 by six mm each side.
My question is has this newbie who sadly is an engineer!!!!! made a pile of tack welded scrap or can i get away with it or not. and if i can get away with it can i then live with it knowing it is there. The suspension brackets could be moved and compensate etc i think, but not so sure the rack will have enough room. I think the error is probably in my compond angle on FF3 and FF4.
I think I now what the answer is going to be scrap the front frame. but thought I would just ask what the affect this might have.