Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25th April 2012, 11:03 PM

Hi Nick.

yes thats the 3mm gap .

The description I have given above is using the sketch dimension drawing from page 173....

BUT

that sketch drawing is to be viewed as if you have Xray vision ...basically you are looking THRU the top of the plate with the RS15 & shock bracket UNDERNEATH the top plate ( hope that makes sense ).....this is the nearside box for the car. the offside is a mirror image / handed etc .

The measurements I have given will pinpoint the CENTER of the shock bracket.

An easy way to do it is ignore RS15 for the moment, scribe out a line 97mm across the plate from the base line ( using that diagram remembering its to be scribed UNDER the top view of the plate ) then scribe a line upwards 48mm from the side edge, this will then give you the center point of the shock bracket.

Once you have this done, then place RS15 under the top plate on the left hand side as you view it from above , remembering the 3mm gap at the top edge , this should then leave you 25mm between the bottom edge of the plate & the RS15 part ( this is for the SB2 part once you place onto the chassis frame ).

does that help ? remember this is making the NEARside box.

cheers
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickharding View Post
Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply. Very easy to understand what your saying. Can picture it in my mind as reading it.

Just to confirm, this is the 3mm gap you was talking about?

Also, on the part where you said .. "its best to use the 97mm from the base line & 48mm from the side line of the plate"

Going from the previous pictures i posted of the plate, with RS15 down the left side, is that the position the plate should be in to follow your measurements above?

Also, following your measurements, does that pinpoint the top left corner of the bracket?

Hope this makes sense.

Had a spare hour tonight so made the 4 brake line mounts and the 2 radiator mounts

Cheers.