Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Bodywork and interior
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th October 2017, 07:31 PM

To be honest, when a business transaction has been arranged through the forum I think it is entirely the correct place to try & contact the member in question, especially when all other forms of communication have been exhausted or ignored. It is also worthwhile to let other members know of potential issues before they part with any money. When a member is offering a service through the forum then not completing the transaction I would have thought the administrators would have been interested in resolving the issues that are concerning some members who are feeling let down at the moment.
Old 5th October 2017, 07:40 PM

I was having similar thoughts. The forum has happily let sellers carry on making money via the forum but now that its gone wrong the forum no longer wants anything to do with it.

I appreciate may have come to the admin stating its difficult for him but its also very difficult for the many many people affected by his poor conduct and lack of communication, refund of delivery of product.

In short, if you're going to allow people to do business on your forum then you should also play a part in clearing the mess up when it goes wrong. If it wasn't for the forum so far the affected people may not of been able to connect and make this very serious issue public.
Old 6th October 2017, 08:56 AM

I totally agree with you both but the way I am feeling about it all at the moment I couldn't of been that polite,

all affected need to vent frustration and worn others or would they rather we drove to his house to sort it?

Gary
Old 6th October 2017, 08:12 PM

Unhappy

Right !
I have tried not too write about this on here for over a year now!
I placed an order with a bodywork supplier and he messed me around for 8 months promising me the bits I’d ordered and finally collecting them only to find not all of it was made !
The supplier then promised the rest of the bits and everything from a hurricane to the aliens took it happened to stop them coming !
My car then sat on axle stands for another 5 months ! Making my garage an unusable space.
The bits eventually came after giving up and going through the legal way to get them but the supplier didn’t know that when they suddenly arrived!
So after waiting more than a year I finally had bodywork (although not of the quality promised)
I can understand the administrative team here not wanting slander but many people are sat at home worrying that their money has been wasted and none of us have a big budget for a kit car to loose.
Perhaps if this website could help and if people knew where they honestly stand and how many others are in the same deceptive boat with them ?
I thought I was the only one being messed around and when you know more are out there then for some reason I knew it wasn’t my fault and I hadn’t been too trusting because some people can be devious when the hole that they have dug themselves gets deeper and deeper!
As long as it’s factual then why stop honesty even if the offending party don’t like it ?
It has a big effect on a family man using his little bit of pocket money to build a car as his toy and his want and enthusiasm soon can disappear !
Old 4th November 2017, 03:22 PM

My part actually turned up today only 2 months late!
Old 7th November 2017, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

thats good news.

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders