Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th March 2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunky2772 View Post
How much is it to do the track day at teeside? Also is there any noise regs what db levels are allowed.
Hello Mick,

Track day at teesside is usually £95 for the day inc breakfast and lunch, they are very easy going and i've never seen them bother with noise reg tests. The one planned for the 1st April, hopefully, is a track day to setup the track day, the man behind the project is hiring the track for the day and there should be room for other cars.

FLYERNCLE, we where both there on Saturday afternoon when Jim asked when the car will be complete - you did say end of the month and he replied "right i shall book the track for 1st April" You said it....... BTW i'm doing a new set of white bodywork (exc bonnet which you've got) this week. The painted second hand body he had looked crap - we don't want that on the car.

Regards....Andrew

Regards..........AndyH
Old 9th March 2011, 07:30 PM

Thanks andy im gona try to get a loan of a trailer to get it down there if i manage to get a trailer youve got to have a go of my car. I think you'll be impresed with how qiuck it is from 0-60 its a beast of a car. Im gona try wraping the cat with heat wrap and use a few of these lads ideas to see if i can keep the cat hot as a lot of people are saying that the cats not getting hot enough.
Old 9th March 2011, 07:59 PM

Is the invitation still open for me if this goes ahead Andy!!?

If so let me know when its a definate go ahead and i will get the day off work

My car is also going like sh*t off a very,very shiny shovel with its new engine

Just ask Handy

Chuffed with it now, its totally transformed the car into what i was wanting from the start
Old 10th March 2011, 08:41 AM

course it is mark, the track car needs to be finished first but that is the plan to have it ready for track testing for 1st April. I will know more on Saturday - Paul will probably have a good shout at me to.....

Andrew

Regards..........AndyH
Old 10th March 2011, 01:43 PM

I'm watching you Hugill !!!!!!
The conversation included lots of four letter expletives as well.

Went to work on it the other night and he had gone home,what on earth does he want.?

Bodywork is getting painted today,another set will not go amiss.

If at first you dont succeed,avoid skydiving...

No parachute require to freefall,only if you want to do it twice.
Old 17th March 2011, 09:30 PM

Andy the company i now work for is djn metal workers in washington just up the road from terrys place. They now have a laser cutter just incase you ever get stuck for parts needing cut always handy to know if you need parts in a hurry. If your ever in the washington area on friday afternoon i wouldent mind you giveing my car the once over. (wish mine was on the road)
Old 18th March 2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunky2772 View Post
Andy the company i now work for is djn metal workers in washington just up the road from terrys place. They now have a laser cutter just incase you ever get stuck for parts needing cut always handy to know if you need parts in a hurry. If your ever in the washington area on friday afternoon i wouldent mind you giveing my car the once over. (wish mine was on the road)
Hi Mick,

Good news about the laser cutter, Terry and Kyle are starting to mess me about a bit and wouldn't mind an alternative. Wouldn't mind coming up to see you car either, cant this afternoon though - got too much to do - but if we can plan to meet up next Friday that would be good plus you could show me this new laser cutters.

Cheers.....Andrew

Regards..........AndyH
Old 25th March 2011, 08:30 PM

Andy mate ive just finished building my trailer so i can do a track day in my car. I was just wondering if you know if that track day is on this friday 1st april if so who do i see to book it in?
Old 26th March 2011, 09:05 AM

Hello Mick,

Sorry not this Friday, car is not ready yet. Will be going up there later on today and see how progress is doing. Couldn't get up to see you yesterday, sorry, just got too much to do a the minute. Will try and get up next week.

All the Best....Andrew

Regards..........AndyH
Old 26th March 2011, 12:18 PM

Ok mate no probs im just looking forward to having a good blast round a track in my car.