Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Running gear
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd June 2012, 11:07 PM

Default pedal box

Hi are the pedal boxes from optimumbalance suitable for my sierra based roadster and do i need to use a bias bar. i cant find much info about the pedal box on the forum. My chassis i built and the suspension is done thanks to saturn and talon motorsport
Old 24th June 2012, 10:22 AM

if you are planning on a uk road going car (iva) you want to read the iva manual
as it needs to be set and locked it time of iva
Old 24th June 2012, 01:11 PM

Default pedal box

Thanks baz if i am using it for road use only then i dont need a bias bar. is that correct
Old 24th June 2012, 02:45 PM

No, for road use, you don't need a bias bar with 2 master-cylinder: the donor M/C is enough, and easy to set up with the 2 front outlet and one rear outlet. If you use rear discs, you will need to use the donor proportioning valve though. I wouldn't go the dual master-cylinder way if it is for road use only.
However, if you really want a brake bias balance bar with 2 Master-Cylinders, you can buy just the bias balance bar (Rally Design for example) and weld it on your pedal shaft. But you can also buy an already made Pedal Box with balance bar (and even M/C, and reservoirs): OBP is selling very neat ones that fit narrow foot wells of kit cars: http://www.obpltd.com/obp-shop/race-...it-car-special
They are not cheap, but for having seeing some as we sell them in France, I can assure it is very good construction.
You can also have a look at this thread, the pedal box I made could be adapted to use a balance bar and dual master cylinder, even though you're gonna need to make some adaptations (space between pedals, running the balance bar adjusting cable, and so on)
http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=8143
Hope this will help. Good luck for your built
Old 24th June 2012, 04:31 PM

Default pedal box

thanks vought i i have been looking at opb and thinking of buying one of there boxes without a bias bar and master cylinders part no (OP00500) with a seperate acc box
Old 25th June 2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinhar View Post
thanks vought i i have been looking at opb and thinking of buying one of there boxes without a bias bar and master cylinders part no (OP00500) with a seperate acc box
Hi,
I can't find the part number you give me for this 1 master cylinder 2-pedal pedal box. To me, except on special request, OBP only makes Padal Box with dual master cylinder on the brake pedal. The closest part number I found is OBP0050, which is a dual pedal, cable clutch, but dual master cylinder on the brake pedal:
http://www.obpltd.com/obp-shop/race-...al-box-obp0050
I checked on their price list, and I can't find something like you describe. the solution would be to take a single pedal with 1 master-cylinder: OBP0046
Can you give me more info about the one you saw?
Thank you.