Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Bodywork and interior
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th September 2013, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4KEV View Post
They look really well Chris... very nice finish indeed.
Makes me scared to touch them. I can be a bit clumsy at times. David have you thought about how best to fit the side panels? Don't know whether to use silkaflex polyurethane stuff and minimal rivets or just loads of rivets? I'd like to be able to take them off if need be without damaging them.

Last edited by CTWV50 : 7th September 2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 7th September 2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTWV50 View Post
Makes me scared to touch them. I can be a bit clumsy at times. David have you thought about how best to fit the side panels? Don't know whether to use silkaflex polyurethane stuff and minimal rivets or just loads of rivets? I'd like to be able to take them off if need be without damaging them.
They are looking good! I put mine along the chassis last night. I'm going to have to do a little bit of fettling and maybe put some counter sunk rivets in my floor for them to fit easily. Was planning on using rivets so I can remove them as well.

I made sure I made a load of templates for anything needing to be carpeted / covered as figure it will be a righ pita once they are on.

I'm a bit terrified to touch them myself and have enforced a "no go zone" anywhere in the garage.

Alan cut out my front panel as well for me. I've never seen someone get so dusty (without a masky before.

I will try and keep taking photos when I put them on

David

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67112582@N03/

Saturn MX5 Based Chassis, Limited Slip Diff & 2.4 Quick Rack.

Build cost.... seems to be spending more on tools than car bits at the moment! (they will be handy in the future though).
Car iva'd and passed 15/08/2014. Finished weight 572kg.
Old 7th September 2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidbolam View Post
They are looking good! I put mine along the chassis last night. I'm going to have to do a little bit of fettling and maybe put some counter sunk rivets in my floor for them to fit easily. Was planning on using rivets so I can remove them as well.

I made sure I made a load of templates for anything needing to be carpeted / covered as figure it will be a righ pita once they are on.

I'm a bit terrified to touch them myself and have enforced a "no go zone" anywhere in the garage.
Same here! Conservatory is locked and I have the keys! No one is allowed in except ME. Lol.

My side panels look like they'll go on ok except in one area where it's a bit tight. Dreading the fettling but I'll have to be brave.
Old 7th September 2013, 08:37 PM

Hell mate I really love that shade of red, I too am going red but I am looking at the ford pepper red, it looks like it has a bit of a flake in it even though it hasn't.
What colour chassis are you doing i'm going silver I think the silver with red will look awesome

Arfon
Old 7th September 2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArf View Post
Hell mate I really love that shade of red, I too am going red but I am looking at the ford pepper red, it looks like it has a bit of a flake in it even though it hasn't.
What colour chassis are you doing i'm going silver I think the silver with red will look awesome

Arfon
Black chassis, seats and wheels for me. I was surprised the red was so dark I was dreading picking it up and it being a lighter shade of red.
Old 8th September 2013, 03:06 AM

I weighed my rear arches, they are 1.6 kg each!
Old 10th September 2013, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alga View Post
I weighed my rear arches, they are 1.6 kg each!
I think that's pretty light.
Old 16th September 2013, 09:59 AM

Just bought a bonnet, scuttle & nose cone from Gillham online. They appear to be a really good company, with good principles after offering exchange kits to nts customers. I will keep you all posted on the quality & quality of fitment. I may just make everything else myself now, ally side panels, rear tub & grp arches to keep the build cost down a bit. Just need to make sure my 1.8 mx5 lump clears the bonnet now.
Old 16th September 2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason 82 View Post
Just bought a bonnet, scuttle & nose cone from Gillham online. They appear to be a really good company, with good principles after offering exchange kits to nts customers. I will keep you all posted on the quality & quality of fitment. I may just make everything else myself now, ally side panels, rear tub & grp arches to keep the build cost down a bit. Just need to make sure my 1.8 mx5 lump clears the bonnet now.
The 1.8 lump should fit. The main problem is the height of the inlet manifold on the 1.6 engine.

David

Build cost.... seems to be spending more on tools than car bits at the moment! (they will be handy in the future though).
Old 28th October 2013, 09:13 PM

Default agm aeroscreen

I was talking to alan from agm the other day and he said that the prototype aeroscreen will be available to view this week. As soon as he sends me the photos with prices etc I will post them on here

David