Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Is you enjoyment of this forum being spoilt
Yes 26 72.22%
No 10 27.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 17th October 2011, 12:59 AM

Here we effin go again I’ve not been around long enough to know what any issues are on this particular forum , but I have been involved in differing forums for the last 20yrs and one thing I have learned…..this kind of tit for tat banter is actually beneficial for the survival of clubs/associations/support groups…..etc….peeps will, be more interested in bad shit than good shit.
I came and joined this forum for one thing only and that was to gleen as much knowledge and info as possible to help me progress in the task of building a CHEAP sports car for on the road and to this ends the forum is very good at supplying the aforementioned
As for silly peeps who seem to take pleasure from upsetting peeps,I do not have time nor will I ever entertain them…….. to stand back and laugh at their antics and stumblings does increase the entertainment value, but you are truly sad if you actually gain any kind of pleasure from trying to push any kind of critisism of products or services.
mistakes and incorrect procedures are already picked up and to that end it is called constructive critisism.....EEERRRRR HELLO....I WOULD LIKE TO BUILD A SPORTS CAR THANK YOU, CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME GET ON WITH IT
Old 17th October 2011, 09:23 AM

You know what the ironic thing is? I don't want all this cr4p either.

Like John, if you check back through my posts I haven't so much as suggested anything negative about ANYBODY, no matter how strongly I feel. Funnily enough if you also search the instigator of this thread you will notice a common theme bad mouthing myself and my collegues.

Mark has been a tit at times, I am sure he would agree - that is his way. BUT we have discussed this and he has stopped being destructive. HOWEVER he, John and myself are allowed an opinion and as this is a public forum we are entitled to express that opinion otherwise what is the point? If you don't want critisism then crawl back under your rock; personally I'd rather ten of you said to me "Honestly, that design is rubbish, leave it to the experts" than sitting bitching behind my back - critisism is how I better myself.

I recently released my plans, I have recieved many emails of thanks and praise for doing that but not a word on here, why do you think that might be? Perhaps the bully-boy tactics of certain 'cronies' on here have people too scared to speak their minds? A sad day indeed.

Finally, Ronnie. If you spent half as long actually working on your car as you do bitching about members of my team you'd have finished it months ago and would be driving around with a grin from cheek to cheek.
Old 17th October 2011, 09:34 AM

Public debate is a good thing but public slanging match just makes folk look retarded. I only pointed out why we stopped our single seater as we saw it as a track car not a road car. If folk want to make them for the road then fine go for it BUT be prepared for folk with an opinion like those on LCB.
Old 17th October 2011, 09:59 AM

my appologies for any offence caused in my shouting down of markB's opinions on the single seater i could have worded it more politely i was trying to say that when i asked my contacts they did say that if the single seater was taxed and tested and road legal and meets noise regulations then in there opinion it would be fine on a track day
Old 17th October 2011, 10:37 AM

Apology not needed and no offence taken, we are all entitled to our own opinion. Yes mine can be a bit "forward" at times but at 46yrs old I am not changing for anyone
Old 17th October 2011, 10:58 AM

I havent been around much recently due to being based 9000 Miles from home, so have missed most of this debate i think?
But why cant we all be grown ups and play nicely?
Old 17th October 2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasongray5 View Post
I havent been around much recently due to being based 9000 Miles from home, so have missed most of this debate i think?
But why cant we all be grown ups and play nicely?
I do play nice but seems some folk like to play with all the bricks and not share them
Old 17th October 2011, 11:39 AM

Can't be bothered.

Last edited by voodoo : 17th October 2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old 17th October 2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
Can't be bothered.
After reading the comments that you have just removed Matt

Have a good read of this thread

http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showt...=reality+check

Might go some way to explaining why I am not able to be working on my build at the moment !!

Quite easy to kick a man when he is down, isn't it ??

Swap your life for mine any day of the week ( Wouldn't wish that on anyone )

I will now go back & crawl under my rock

www.roadster-builders.co.uk
Old 17th October 2011, 01:30 PM

Are the antics of some traders ruining this forum?
In my experience... no.

Honestly, have you ever seen a forum that has never had a public slanging match, handbags at dawn, people banned and then a break away forum?

None of it is a surprise. It happens on every forum. There are always people who get the hump and delete their old posts and go out with a harrumph and others who hang around and slag off those that have gone.

Thats just forum life. Take a deep breath and either read or ignore the posts and get over it.

Remember the huge arguments on the needle point forum where Gladys said that Joan had been using the wrong needle size on her crochet pattern for the vicars wife? Well thats what started the new forum called 'recreational-stitching-UK' and then that split off when one of the suppliers of the needles realised it was for crochet and not darning. And well, you remember how it all kicked off again and then the 'needlecrafting' website was created.....
Closed Thread