Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Engine/transmission
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th March 2012, 09:45 PM

All I did was cut off the spigot at the top of the hex and weld the hole up. Screw back into head and that is it.

OTR 01/05/14 - 1.6 CVH, Type 9, Bike Carbs, Megajolt

Last edited by davedew : 26th March 2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old 26th March 2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
looking good, same set up as me. I'm just starting on my cooling system so can't help with the question.
Could you post a picture showing the coolant pipe layout and what size bore and bends and where you sorced the straight stainless pipe etc

My thermohousing has the smaller pipe that bypasses the thermostat, broken off. Not sure it it will be possible to drill the remains out and push fit something else in. Failing that has anyone got a spare housing going?
Hi Mike,

Sorry, I don't have any decent photos showing the layout, I'll see if I can get some for you.

My layout is pretty much the same as davedew's...and the water pipe does have a smaller outlet but it is on the side rather than on the top. So you will need to make sure you route it out the way of the exhaust manifold.

I have used 32mm, 16mm and 6.5 mm bore pipe, 32mm (90 degree) bend and 32mm (180 degree) bend. I am using a Rover header tank which uses 16mm pipe too, rather than the Sierra one which I think takes a 22mm hose.

I got all my pipes, bends and aluminium joiners from ASH, they trade on eBay as autoperformanceonline and mrsilicone. The prices are decent, as is the quality and delivery is quick.

Nathan
Old 27th March 2012, 08:29 AM

I did the same as davedew, I just unscrewed it and welded it up then screwed it back in