Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th August 2010, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisxr2 View Post
The car looks very nice, i was looking at one another meber on here was selling on ebay, i have a couple of questions. how are the cars for tall people?? I am 6ft 3. Also as there are so few of these come up for sale price is obviously objective but, adding on the (I believe correct me if i'm wrong) increased insurance premium for being a Q plate, and the fact the car is both 2 years older and with an older engine type now, what does the car have extra to make it so close in value to the one below on ebay?? Also are there any more pics, videos, dyno readouts etc??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2010-HAYNES-RO... tem3caf0705fd

I would be interested in the car but comapred to the only other fully sva'd roadgoing one i have seen for sale am curious as to how the suggested price was arrived at.
HI
There as been cars on here sold for around the same price with and without Q plate.
The insurance is the same its all base on the engine size and were you park it how old you are.
I wouldn’t compare my car with others sold as all of these car are individual.
The pinto engine was built as new Bored-out to 2073cc with new pistons and rings. Crank ground and new shells. New oil pump, water pump the block and head was skimmed and cleaned. New valves seated and a fast road cam with new followers, spray bar ECT. The twin 40s have been recondition and jetted.
The clocks and senders cost over £400. Wheels £300 Shocks £350. and so on

Frank
Old 6th August 2010, 08:26 AM

That has to be just about the best finished roadster that I have seen, it's clearly had a fortune spent on it. If I wasn't 80 per cent through my own build I would be very tempted.
Old 6th August 2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
That has to be just about the best finished roadster that I have seen, it's clearly had a fortune spent on it. If I wasn't 80 per cent through my own build I would be very tempted.
100% Agree with your thoughs there Dave

I went into my build with my eyes wide open, I knew that my health would cause a few problems along the way .... Didn't realise just how much so

At this moment of time, buying a fully built & tested Roadster seems a real attractive proposition to me now.
Alas, like you Dave, just have so much money invested in my own build.

Frank's car is one of the best that I have seen for sale recently

I find it difficult to see how someone could question the price, let alone, ask the seller to justify the price tag !!??

www.roadster-builders.co.uk
Old 6th August 2010, 10:01 AM

Default Thanks for the reply

thanks for the reply frankieboy, it does look stunning, as you said each car is an individual, knowing my look it will sell before i get back in the country. Yelllow is definately my colour my classic mini and leon are both lairy yellow
Old 6th August 2010, 12:13 PM

Its hard to put a value on these cars regardless of age and some cars 1 year old may be in worse condition than a car 3 years old

I also think you need to see them in person to appreciate them, a photo can hide a thousand sins, cars that look good on a computer screen could be and sometimes are poorly built when you see them up close for real.

You need to see them in person to appreciate the quality of work and decide if you think its worth the money, if frankies car is as good in the flesh as it looks in the pics i would say its worth every last penny of his asking price!
Old 6th August 2010, 03:40 PM

Thats a lovely looking car Frankie and you have done a real good job on it - what a huge shame to sell it. Must be hard to let it go.

And yes i'm 6'7" with size 12 feet and can fit and drive the car very comfortably. When you compare the prices of similar spec cars on Piston Heads, even ones with the old rear live axle suspension, the haynes are bloody good value for the car you get. As the Haynes builds even more in popularity and awareness you will see them gain in value. The only thing putting people off at the moment is the "self build" aspect to the cars.

Take Care Frankie....AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 6th August 2010, 07:51 PM

Frank it never ceases to amaze me the quality of some builds and yours looks exceptional shame to sell though good luck
Ray
Old 6th August 2010, 08:08 PM

I had the pleasure of seeing Frank,s Roadster at Stoneleigh....the photos don,t do it justice.... its stunning, the attention to detail is amazing

As others have said, A Roadster is difficult to put a price tag on, its not just a "Kit Car" that you bolt together if you have a socket & spanner set, a Roadster is "built" by the builder, Knowing how we all enjoy our builds I,m sure each & everyone of them has had ...blood , sweat & possibly tears involved in the creation of the car...

The price that frank is asking is well worth the money for such a stunning car,

I,ll be blunt here..... I think its underpriced ( & I,m as tight as ducks backside)

I,ll crawl back under my stone

cheers
andy
Old 6th August 2010, 08:13 PM

hopefully not too much blood Andy
Ray
Old 6th August 2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAYLEE29 View Post
hopefully not too much blood Andy
Ray

well I,m sure I,m not the only one thats had knuckles skinned at some point during the build whether it be stripping the donor ( which Flyerncle did for me ) or during the build of the Roadster itself

A few "choice words " ( swear words ) at times too... we,ve all been there

cheers
andy