Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th July 2011, 06:25 PM

Thumbs down

I completely 2nd that, when I started on this forum around a year ago there were many regular posters and there was a friendly jovial atmosphere which has sadly disapeared. I get the feeling that people would prefer not to post because of the feeling that "members" will just come back with hurtful comments and generally disrupt threads just to make their manhood feel bigger.

Sad to see that this forum has evolved this way. That's my 2 pennys.

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud69 View Post
I'm pleased to say that i don't need to create multi users, alter egos or have a dig at other suppliers at any opportunity in order to big up my business and if somebody wants to air their opinions for whoever then that's fine by me - it is, after all, why this forum was a good place to be as well as the friendly banter but it's quickly moving away from that now, pressing the "new post" button is not so much fun anymore. Maybe why we don't see a lot of the old regulars on here anymore. There's a lot of builders out there that do not post on the forum but like to have a regular look / read to see what's going on and if they want to spend a few hours up here to see cars (one demonstrator, two 80% complete, one at rolling chassis), fabrication and glassing and have a trip out and then maybe write a few notes about their experience then that's okay by me and makes all the hard work worthwhile as well as helping to get more people into the self build culture.

Back to work now......Andrew
Old 12th July 2011, 06:26 PM

all i want to know is how much is spud paying all of you? and how do i get a cut of the cash?
Old 13th July 2011, 10:35 PM

I've obviously missed something over the last year on this forum,

Someone been stirring sh*t?

Between Work and Uni, life has been rather busy so my project has taken a back seat for a while.
I'll get back to it, I'm not one for NOT finish projects.

Think its really sat when someone doesn't see a project through.
I understand that sometimes peoples circumstances change and force there hand.

Be good to see more of an atmosphere on here.
Old 17th July 2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz-r View Post
all i want to know is how much is spud paying all of you? and how do i get a cut of the cash?
He doesn't have to. He deserves all the praise he gets, because anyone who's had dealings with him will tell you - he's a top bloke.

I agree with the comments in this post about how the atmosphere of this forum has changed over the past year. It's sad that people can't just get along and help each other out, instead posting negative comments all the time.

My Build Diary - http://davesroadster.blogspot.com/

*updated 7/6/11*

Best bit so far: Getting it running
Worst bit so far: Cutting steel for wishbones and engine mounts.
Most annoying bit so far: Generator packing up half way through welding.
Old 17th July 2011, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_17 View Post
He doesn't have to. He deserves all the praise he gets, because anyone who's had dealings with him will tell you - he's a top bloke.

I agree with the comments in this post about how the atmosphere of this forum has changed over the past year. It's sad that people can't just get along and help each other out, instead posting negative comments all the time.
Agreed.

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders
Old 17th July 2011, 07:06 PM

Why anybody would need to create an alter ego in an attempt to "big himself up " is a ridiculous statement when you consider what Saturn do for the marque speaks for itself, and no cash has changed hands as I make this post of my own free will although I would class Andy as a good friend and make no excuse for that.

If at first you dont succeed,avoid skydiving...

No parachute require to freefall,only if you want to do it twice.
Old 17th July 2011, 07:36 PM

I agree Infact mine i one ot the two 80% complete cars currently at Saturn, I didnt have time to get it finished due to work commitemnts so i took it to saturn even thought both tiger and wisbeach engineering are closer to me and would have done what i needed doing just as readily.

Roadster No 2 build

Cost to Date : £93

** New Blog @ http://carlsroadster2.blogspot.com **
Old 17th July 2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerncle View Post
Why anybody would need to create an alter ego in an attempt to "big himself up " is a ridiculous statement when you consider what Saturn do for the marque speaks for itself

Well said Paul

I admire what Andy has achieved with Saturn.

For those that don't know, Spud69 was a long term member of this forum & completed his own build long before Saturn was created.

When he first came up with the idea of creating Saturn Sports Cars it was discussed on this forum, heck, even forum members got to have a say in the company name

The idea of the formation of Saturn was very well recivied by all, Haynes gave their blessing as did the books author.

In a very short period of time Saturn came to life.

I also admire Andys business ethics, one thing is for sure, you will never see Andy post a snide or negative comment towards a fellow trader, in that he has my utmost respect

In short, Andy came up with a buisiness venture, stuck his neck on the line & got the job done, I know it can't have been an easy ride for him but think it is remarkable to see just how much he has achieved in such a short time.

I agree with some of the other comments, this forum isn't the happy friendly place that it used to be.

Partly the reason for my lack of interest over the last few months.

Pitty to see the amount of knowledgeable folk that have been driven away by a handfull of thoughtless members.

As far as I am concerned folk wishing to start a buisiness venture could learn a lot from Andy .... Less of the constant idle talk, get on and get the job done !!!!

Read so much talk from certain quarters for months & when you look at it, still nothing to show for it ??

In my mind, if folk have to resort to trying to disscredit the competition before they have even started up then it doesn't bode well for a booming buisiness & certainly not the kind of buisiness that I would readily trade with

Sorry if that causes offence to certain members but they are my personal thoughts on all of the crap that has been going on recently.

www.roadster-builders.co.uk

Last edited by Bonzo : 17th July 2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 17th July 2011, 09:27 PM

I second what Ronie just said.

This forum isn't the place it used to be

IVA passed 20 June 2017
Flickr Album
Old 17th July 2011, 09:52 PM

Talking Why so sad

Have to disagree, I am quite new here and have found everyone so far to be helpful. I would go as far as to say between all the members they have stopped me making expensive mistakes and all the advise has been sound . As far as dull goes they all seem to be a bit of a hoot. So no problems from this camp.

Bob

The cave http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/my...deshow/mancave

The build http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12669