Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 31st May 2012, 06:25 PM

Default terrible news

That's such a blow for the NERD community, but sometimes things just don't work out as intended I suppose. I wish you all the best for the future Nathan.

Regards

Just keep going we will get there in the end.
Old 31st May 2012, 06:47 PM

I can only echo all the posts wishing you a better future Nathan and it is indeed a sad day considering all the hard work and heartache that has gone into Saturn and NTS.

Best wishes for the future.

If at first you dont succeed,avoid skydiving...

No parachute require to freefall,only if you want to do it twice.
Old 31st May 2012, 08:30 PM

This is really sad and disappointing news. But if you really aren't happy and the only option is to finish up then I fully respect and understand that. If things are that bad financially, then it would probably be for the best that things are wound down now before you get yourself into a hole you can't get out of.

At least your gave it your best, both you and Andy.

All the best for the future - go and get your missus back
Old 31st May 2012, 08:59 PM

Thanks for the well wishes guys.

Means alot,

I think its the best way forward,

so the plan is to finish all orders,

Sell what i can to make back my investments,

take a month bumming around finishing the car,

have some fun in it and then back to work.

Iv been offered the oportunity to go and do some overseas security work with some friends who i was in the regiment with way back, should be fun as i kind of miss living on the edge and feeling alive. end of the day lifes for living.

Ive got loads of bits and pieces, such as seconds and donor parts that will be going cheap, ive also put a load of stuff on ebay. I know you bunch love a bargain so il put a list of stuff for sale up later.

Should i start a new thread or just pop it up here?
Old 31st May 2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shh120m View Post
Thanks for the well wishes guys.

Means alot,

I think its the best way forward,

so the plan is to finish all orders,

Sell what i can to make back my investments,

take a month bumming around finishing the car,

have some fun in it and then back to work.

Iv been offered the oportunity to go and do some overseas security work with some friends who i was in the regiment with way back, should be fun as i kind of miss living on the edge and feeling alive. end of the day lifes for living.

Ive got loads of bits and pieces, such as seconds and donor parts that will be going cheap, ive also put a load of stuff on ebay. I know you bunch love a bargain so il put a list of stuff for sale up later.

Should i start a new thread or just pop it up here?
If you have the chance to go abroad, then yes, do it if you can. A friend of mine emigrated to Oz a year or two ago and has done well for himself, probably better than what he could have done in the UK.

Already found the eBay stuff Probably best to start a new thread (but PM me first so I get all the bargains ).
Old 31st May 2012, 11:36 PM

Nathan,

Gutted to hear you will not be trading as NTS anymore. Over the last year i have had a great amount of help from both yourself and Andy. I wish you the best of luck with the IVA and the job front!

I hope you will come along to the roadster social nights!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67112582@N03/

Saturn MX5 Based Chassis, Limited Slip Diff & 2.4 Quick Rack.

Build cost.... seems to be spending more on tools than car bits at the moment! (they will be handy in the future though).
Car iva'd and passed 15/08/2014. Finished weight 572kg.
Old 1st June 2012, 12:27 PM

i felt terribly sad reading your post. Its bad to see someone going about things the right way and beaing nailed to the wall by overheads and cashflow. I think it speaks volumes that you stepped in to take the baton from Andy and stayed with it when it became clear he couldnt continue in a hands on role, that youve self financed it and especially now that you are going out of your way to make sure everyone gets their orders.
Ive only dealt with you once and as it turned out we didnt end up doing any business but found you very helpful and entirely open about your charges and reasons for doing things.
I hope things can be reconcilled with your wife, that you can quickly get back into paid work after a rest and that you can soon carry on with the Roadster on a smaller scale in your spare time.
Dont feel defeated mate - because you haven't been.
Old 1st June 2012, 08:55 PM

Sad days for the "Roadster" but better days ahead for you I hope.
Well only having meant you once in person I know you went into the job 100% and cared about every order.
At the end of the day your health and your family are everything, without these you have nothing. I know it must have been a hard decision but the right one I hope.
Well I hope you're not going to be a stranger on here and hope to come up north some time to see all you Monkey burger lovers.... (if I get my car finished) gonna look naked now without a bodykit though...LOL

Thanks to you and Andy for all your help and best wishes for the future...

Johno
Old 1st June 2012, 09:25 PM

Thanks johnno,

Il be moving the glassing equipment to my dads farm to cut down on overheads, im gonna carry on with the bodywork, but make it in my own time and sell it when its finished, that way i keep the stress to a minimum as there will be no rush to fulfil orders and the stress that goes with it. I dont think il be fabricating any parts again, the returns for the work and time involved are minimal.

Im gonna mix it up and get into the composite side of things a bit more, as iv mastered the carbon stuff now. I should have time to work on some new exciting products, for the roadster and other things aswell. You never know by the time your ready for your body there may be a more exciting kit for it

Just got to get these orders out of the way and then the worlds me oyster

The website is staying up for now, the shop will still be there but im going to take everything off stock with a note to contact me if you need anything.

Definatly wont be leaving the roadster comunity, thats why i got into it, il be spending the nice sunny days blasting about in the roadster rather than wishing i was out blasting about in the roadster
Old 2nd June 2012, 08:25 AM

Moore carbonstuff Let me know when you have moore carbon parts

Take care // Janne