Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th July 2011, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

Ya just have to learn to ignore forum politics.

There is still a lot of gr8 posts and information going on, we just need to focus on that.

I like it here, That's shown in my post count which are mostly from Dec 2009 onwards ( 18 months. ) My FSCO is only at 8898 since DEC 2003, and the XROC 2460 since aug 2003 (although i was prolific on interford)... And I don't think many of my posts here are drivel.

Lets build em, and enjoy em, where ever we get em from.

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders
Old 18th July 2011, 09:03 AM

I like to see all the pictures of the cars that have been built as it gives me a buzz knowing I created the body shape, there are two other cars out there that do the same..and once the VR5 body shape is finished( it's a tad slow going because I can't do the hours I used to with a destroyed shoulder) then hopefully the buzz continues.

Sooner make something different as 7's bore me sideyways but heyo the "tifino" will have to wait a bit longer.

Now take a chill pill and be nice to everyone boys and girls as there is enough crap going on in the country with politicians and newspapers as it is...

Last edited by MarkB : 18th July 2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 18th July 2011, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

I don't do real politics either...

Although I see fule is going up again, wish the dam government would sort that out!!

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders
Old 18th July 2011, 01:05 PM

Neither do I Rob,but fuel will continue to rise untill the wonderfull british public stop standing in que's to be shafted by successive governments that continue to support other peoples war's in the fight for control of the worlds oil supply's and to support the scroungers that flood the UK border ports and airports on a daily basis,if this posts offends anybody,tough.
The truth often hurts.

If at first you dont succeed,avoid skydiving...

No parachute require to freefall,only if you want to do it twice.

Last edited by flyerncle : 18th July 2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old 18th July 2011, 10:36 PM

Default Saturn

Andy at Saturn is really helpfull. I am amazed that his aim seems to be to maintain interest in the haynes roadster, whether you are going to self build or purchase from him, which is great. If people B*tch on here then its not really going to help anyone. There seems to be enough of that from one of the magazines I read each month. (the one that I can tell if I have already bought the month before - just seems a bit heavier - thats my b*tch lol). As a newbie who's build hasn't started (only a large pile of re-conditioned MX5 bits) I really enjoy reading everyone's posts on here and want it to stay that way.
Old 19th July 2011, 06:50 AM

im sure half of it is people either getting the wrong end of the stick
building a car from scratch can be pritty stressful at times and i find it helps to have a bit of banter in the forum TBH
sorry if any one thinks i may have trod on thair toes it was most likely typed in jesst
Old 19th July 2011, 07:00 AM

i can recall now when the waves started to apier on the horizon and where a lot of upset was formed all from a few people who had a pritty good idea and where only trying to help. sadly by doing this thay where only upseting a few members of the forum was a right old palava
dare i say it "the club"
Old 19th July 2011, 09:31 AM

Default explosive

Wow i cant believe i have caused so much debate when i posted the first post. There was no intention to offend anyone, as a newbie i would spend ages looking for reviews for companies that where offering their services i was mearly providing information on a company that i thought where providing a good service, which i feel is invaluable information when starting a build. just as important as being told to stay clear of companies that offer poor service. This gives people like me information to make an informed choice when buying products and services
Old 19th July 2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgglep View Post
Wow i cant believe i have caused so much debate when i posted the first post. There was no intention to offend anyone, as a newbie i would spend ages looking for reviews for companies that where offering their services i was mearly providing information on a company that i thought where providing a good service, which i feel is invaluable information when starting a build. just as important as being told to stay clear of companies that offer poor service. This gives people like me information to make an informed choice when buying products and services
Don't fret, it is always good to hear about good service. Welcome to the forum, baptism of fire style
Old 19th July 2011, 12:20 PM

I can confirm that he is real too! as i have met him and his mate

And no spud didnt pay me to say that