Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > SVA/Legal
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd February 2008, 02:42 AM
macdave69 macdave69 is offline
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Burton on Trent
Posts: 32

Originally Posted by colt_mivec View Post
I would guess that my build will be a Q plate then if im using new pars and a bike engine
not exactly.
In our case Nottingham DVLA were prepared to issue an age related plate but in the end, the fact that my engine had a german log book was the only reason for a Q.
Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2008, 12:28 PM
colt_mivec colt_mivec is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4

So do i need the logbook for the bike then.

Im only buying the engine and its been a CAT B spares only write off
Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2008, 02:53 PM
Chris Gibbs
Posts: n/a

If you're using ALL new parts and a bike engine that you can show has been reconditioned to as new condition you could get a current (new) registration.

if you go this route be sure to keep EVERY receipt, the DVLA require substantial proof that everything is new


Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2008, 03:02 PM
CurlyBen CurlyBen is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Suffolk, Southampton, Beijing...
Posts: 6

I'm wondering about whether to try and get a new reg when I get round to starting my build, but I saw something on the locostbuilders forum that one of the guys on there hadn't been able to convince the DVLA that the bike engine and gearbox were one unit. It's probably worth getting confirmation from the DVLA if you're going to spend extra money for the new plate.
Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2008, 08:40 PM
snapper snapper is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Posts: 360

If you are using all new parts and just one proven reconditioned part (Robin Hood just painted it and said it was reconed) then you can have a brand new current year (08) number. The Robin Hood SuperSpec achieved this with a new Rover engine a Ford MT75 box a recon Sierra rear end and Sierra front suspension and some dodgy steering rack. The new owners are a little are a lot better.
On the DVLA buildup report application form it asks about the origins of the Chassis/body shell. Axle, Transmission, Steering assembly, engine and front and back suspension.
The chassis/body will be new, the axle, steering assembly will be from the donor, the suspension back and front will be new, the axles will be from the donor. If you go bike then both engine and transmission are one.

You may get an age related but i belive that on a Q you will get a better emmisions allowance than on the engine age.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.