Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Bodywork and interior
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd November 2011, 08:59 PM

Hi Ronnie.....bin too busy building bloody tanks .....promised myself I would get stuck in over the winter and hope for a spring/summer IVA, which means I will have to "go some".....you know how it is....somewhere under all that "rubbish" that got put on top of something else that got put on top of something other there is a chassis underneath it all, waiting to be progressed and me sierra is rusting away in the back garden....really need to get my finger out mate and get stuck in...I have some what neglected my build thread, the only thing I have done is won a new clutch MC and SC for my build for £5.50 off the bay.
Incidently I still have another long range tank (Saturn tub dims) left that I had on Ebay but ended up with a non paying bidder.....it is similar to others I have made but have the surge tank in the middle of the tank underneath so nothing needs moving...looking for £90 delivered or its going back on ebay.
will ressurect the build soon Ronnie.....you may have stirred me into action.
Old 3rd November 2011, 09:14 PM

Tis surprising just how much stuff can be stored on top of a Roadster, trust me I am no different Kev

Would take me at least a full day just to clear it all off let alone find all of my build components that are stored all over the place.

Sure that tank will soon be snapped up, a very good price indeed

www.roadster-builders.co.uk
Old 3rd November 2011, 09:48 PM

PM sent Kev

Ken
Old 4th November 2011, 10:09 AM

I'll be after one soon Kevin for the Mx5 car, It's going back together today all painted and shiny then onto pedal box and brake lines and new wiring next week. Then bodywork on.....

Cheers.....AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 4th November 2011, 10:47 AM

No probs Andy....was it the same size that I showed you last time?
Old 4th November 2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4KEV View Post
No probs Andy....was it the same size that I showed you last time?
Yes Kevin, what i'll do is to bring the sender along for you next week - it has the pump, float and feed / return pipe incorporated so is ideal to use. Then we can make a tank around it to use for future mx5 cars.

Cheers....AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 4th November 2011, 11:33 AM

Sure Andy ...just giz a bell.
Old 4th November 2011, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4KEV View Post
Hi Ronnie.....bin too busy building bloody tanks .....promised myself I would get stuck in over the winter and hope for a spring/summer IVA, which means I will have to "go some".....you know how it is....somewhere under all that "rubbish" that got put on top of something else that got put on top of something other there is a chassis underneath it all, waiting to be progressed and me sierra is rusting away in the back garden....really need to get my finger out mate and get stuck in...I have some what neglected my build thread, the only thing I have done is won a new clutch MC and SC for my build for £5.50 off the bay.
Incidently I still have another long range tank (Saturn tub dims) left that I had on Ebay but ended up with a non paying bidder.....it is similar to others I have made but have the surge tank in the middle of the tank underneath so nothing needs moving...looking for £90 delivered or its going back on ebay.
will ressurect the build soon Ronnie.....you may have stirred me into action.
Out of interest Kevin, who sort of capacities do your tanks have? I can't resist buying shiny bits
Old 5th November 2011, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie_bas205 View Post
Would these tanks work with injected cars???

To fit a Book roadster???

Bertie.
Sorry Bertie I missed your post......all a fuel tank needs to supply a fuel injected engine is some form of surge tank or swirl pot....it ensures that when a vehicle moves be it accelerating/braking or turning the fuel in the tank will move around due to the forces acting on it so a surge tank is built to fill and be stay filled or at least partially filled to provide a constant fuel flow with no air ingress regardless of the cars attitude....if one were not fitted and the fuel "sloshed to one side of the tank exposing the "outlet tube" then there is a chance for air to be introduced into the fuel supply to the engine causing it to rev up and stall until it begins to receive fuel again....it really is essential as you do not want an engine to stall in any driving situation.
Carbed engines don't need them as they have float chambers built into them..well most of them do. (that was for the puritans)
Old 9th November 2011, 07:20 PM

Received my tank today. Great job, really pleased with it

Ken