Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th September 2010, 10:45 AM

Default CKC - Annual Magazine

Just some thoughts please form new and existing builders.

We've been asked by Complete Kit Car if we would like to pay for a full page feature / add in the CKC annual mag, on sale for 3 months and at the shows. Obviously times are tight for all and would appreciate some comments and thoughts on whether it is worth it.

The feature will be advertising Saturn but also the Haynes Roadster car building concept to new builders, something we have also tried to push in all the mag articles we have had. Could also add a bit about the single seater with a 3D cad picture of the car and bodywork. Will to be advertising the Saturn Rotary Wankel based roadster - RW460.

Any thoughts please......AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 30th September 2010, 11:09 AM

I suppose it depends on price if its worth it or not.

If the price is reasonable it's a good opportunity.

My Build Diary - http://davesroadster.blogspot.com/

*updated 7/6/11*

Best bit so far: Getting it running
Worst bit so far: Cutting steel for wishbones and engine mounts.
Most annoying bit so far: Generator packing up half way through welding.
Old 30th September 2010, 12:06 PM

Hi Andy

Here's a few of my thoughts for what they are worth

As said, a lot will be dependent of cost coupled to the revenue & market exposure that you hope to achieve.

From a outsider's point of view .... The Saturn brand has had some great exposure in the CKC magazine ( How has this past exposure worked for you )

Any avid/regular reader of CKC will know the Saturn brand & the concept of what you are all about

With your buisness head on, it may be time to compare the circulation/sales figures of the various mags out there .... Total Kit Car & Kit Car etc

It maybe the right time for you spead the word via a new publication & reach a new market exposure audience !!??

If CKC has offered you a great deal, I am sure the sales team of a rival publication will do their best to at least match it ( They are facing hard times too )

That's about the best this old duffer can come up with

I really have to commend Saturn for all that you have achieved so far & the true dedication to the whole Roadster concept

www.roadster-builders.co.uk

Last edited by Bonzo : 30th September 2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 30th September 2010, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

The Anuals are th kind of thing people keep lying around (unlike the monthy mags) and refer back to.

However you have had recent magazine coverage which has probably done a fairly similar job. You could realy do with coverage in the other mag(s) to make their readership more aware.

But as said , all depeds on cost.

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders
Old 30th September 2010, 12:16 PM

Thanks David, Ronnie and TT. You're all spot on and my way of thinking, we have had some great coverage by all 3 magazines but i think most of the work for all suppliers has come from forums like this one as well as the other European forums. We just need to decide how far to go to push the haynes concept on to compete with the Ron Champion phenomena. Maybe Haynes would provide some backing / publicity for this.....

The Haynes certainly deserves it as a car and design. Maybe the recession is holding it back a bit. I've told CKC that we'll let them know in the morning so will have a good ponder today.

Thanks so Far.....AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 30th September 2010, 03:51 PM

Think return on investment - how much business will you have to pull in to show a profit on the cost of the ad? I have done this many times and have never been convinced enough to spend large sums of money on glossy mag adverts - different sector though.
Let em stew for a bit, the price will come down. I suspect advertising revenue is hard to get at the moment so play really hard to get the best deal, I was offered a £700 ad for a little over £100 once. Still didn't take it
Best and all that,
Enoch