Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Bodywork and interior
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th January 2011, 10:56 PM

You obviously all know a lot more about this than I do but it all sounds like a good idea I may just have a go at front mudguards to begin with.
Old 6th January 2011, 02:15 PM
fabbyglass

Don't expect top results taking a mould from body filler as even waxed and pva'd it can stick like the proverbial dogs stuff...also don't use celly paint or laquer as this too reacts these days as something has changed in the paint(yeah i found out the hard way ) Best paint to use is 2pk, don't worry about pin pricks in the surface as these will be high spots on the mould which can be flatted out with with wet n dry.

Loadsa shoulder destroying work but it can be satisfying...apart from the shoulder part of it

More often than not it's cheaper to just buy the parts if available, because to create a plug then a mould takes a lot of time and more money than you first thought.

My daft car mould took 4 months of plug work then mould took another month or so, the plug was then binned as it had served it's purpose but it hurts to throw money in a skip like that
One day it might see the light of day if such a thing is allowed by MSVA...yeah no IVA for the beast