Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Bodywork and interior
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th July 2012, 11:22 PM

One of the biggest problems with the 'locost' or 'roadster' type builds is that the 7 shape was not designed to take tall 16v engines with large inlet manifolds into account, accompanied by the fact that no two cars are the same so keeping every body happy all of the time is not going to happen. I have plans for a fabricated replacement inlet manifold for the mazda and zetec engines but all in good time.
The nose,scuttle and bonnet that is shown is 25mm higher than the Saturn/NTS parts so if your like me under 5'8 you might need to lift the seat, this is to give a little more clearance on the cam covers etc. The body parts are not interchangeable with any other suppliers as I fabricated these my self.
As for colours I will be supplying all my GRP parts in mid grey gel coat ready for priming or in mid grey primer ready for colour and clear coat. I have decided to do this for 2 reasons either people only buy the 3 piece kit of the nose, bonnet and scuttle and will have to paint the rest of the parts to match any way or when/if parts get damaged for what ever reason it makes the repair of the panels easier for the builder to do at home or get it done localy rather than having to return it.
I have watched and learned from other peoples experiences and through this I have put some thought in to my production and supply of these parts, which is why I have no intention of rushing in to it.

Direct email phil@talonmotorfabrication.co.uk

talonmotorfabrication@gmail.com

Mobile office hours 07514098334
Old 21st July 2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonmotorsport View Post
I have watched and learned from other peoples experiences and through this I have put some thought in to my production and supply of these parts, which is why I have no intention of rushing in to it.
Hey, we already have a gang that's taking it slow. They promised to unveil the bodywork for last year's Exeter show (or was it Newark?), but we still haven't seen it! Props to you for showing the progress photos early.