Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Engine/transmission
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th September 2009, 10:29 AM

Default Fuel Pump Location

Hi all.....new to this site. Building a Martin Keenan built Chassis / Locost with Zetec and R6 TB's. I have an Alloy Racing Fabrications sumped and baffled tank, Sytec Fuel Filter and Bosch HP Pump. Would like to mount these at rear of car but can't see an obvious way of doing this. Would appreciate any advice and pics of what others have done.
Thanks,
Matt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5101.JPG (61.6 KB, 53 views)
Old 20th September 2009, 06:12 PM

Vauxhall's have the filter and pump mounted on a plate together supported on some small rubber bobbins, I personally would do something along the same lines near the swirl pot/sump outlet of the fuel tank. If you use a Bosch filter from something like a Golf Gti you can use the banjo type unions and get it all fairly close together and mount the pump in some rubbers too as it will vibrate if bolted down solid.

Good Luck.
Old 20th September 2009, 09:27 PM

Hey good choice! I received my tank on Thursday from ARD. So what engine are you running? You seem to have an identical sent up too me! will post a picture this week. I need to purchase a Bosch HP pump next.

One comment to make? I got the tank made to the book size, but it don't fit? Has anyone else had this problem??? If does however fit perfectly above the diff. Will this cause a problem with the injection return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumble View Post
Hi all.....new to this site. Building a Martin Keenan built Chassis / Locost with Zetec and R6 TB's. I have an Alloy Racing Fabrications sumped and baffled tank, Sytec Fuel Filter and Bosch HP Pump. Would like to mount these at rear of car but can't see an obvious way of doing this. Would appreciate any advice and pics of what others have done.
Thanks,
Matt
Old 20th September 2009, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

spike your alive

it wont make a difference on the return as it will be under plenty of pressure.
Old 21st September 2009, 07:07 AM

Ash,

Its been horrible! Almost two months with very little progress. However, I have not wasted all that time. I have been on the net collecting all the bits I need to help make a big leap in my build. I have just ordered my shocks, fuel tank etc has arrived. So I want the engine running by xmas! Still, at least now when I come home after a busy day in the workshop I have a chance of dinner on the table. Hehe. What is the date of the next show? Will I make it on time or have to toe it 200 miles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshG View Post
spike your alive

it wont make a difference on the return as it will be under plenty of pressure.