Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Electrics
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd September 2010, 09:18 AM

Default Where to put them ?

Well I been busy with the wire strippers and stripped out the bits I need of the sierra loom last night.

Now I had always planned to put all the electrics in the engine bay on the scuttle, but now I look at it there seems to be lots of room inside the scuttle under the dash.

So - as per the question where have you put yours?
Old 2nd September 2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidimurray View Post
Well I been busy with the wire strippers and stripped out the bits I need of the sierra loom last night.

Now I had always planned to put all the electrics in the engine bay on the scuttle, but now I look at it there seems to be lots of room inside the scuttle under the dash.

So - as per the question where have you put yours?
David,

You can fix the fuse box unit to the bulkhead, easy access, then the main part of the loom will come into the scuttle area where you can mount relays and fix the loom. You can then bring any wiring out along the top of the tranny tunnel. As you say there is loads of room the only additional thing you need to do is to cover the bottom of the scuttle to keep prying hands from reaching into the electrics - keep iva man happy.

Regards....AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 2nd September 2010, 05:15 PM

hi
just a bit of a side step but i am just starting to strip my loom. have people kept the large fuse and relay box from sierra or used something else?
any pics too would be nice
thanks
steve
Old 2nd September 2010, 05:51 PM

I have two 6 way fuse holders on my bulkhead with the wires running over the top of the ally panel. A large hole goes through the bulkhead to the wires to and from the switch gear and instrument panel. With the benefit of hind sight I wish I had put as much of the wiring as possible in the area behind the dash so that it was better hidden. If I was doing it again I would definitely do it that way. The Sierra fuse / relay box is way too big and simply not needed so I would not recommend keeping it. There are a couple of photos of my wiring here: http://www.deepfolly.co.uk/8.html
Enoch
Old 3rd September 2010, 10:13 AM

Thanks guys

Based on your comments I've ordered another fusebox (rear entry) and will mount that in the engine bay with everything else under the dash.