Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16th June 2011, 09:09 AM

Default And there it was - gone!!

Well my creation has been sold, it got picked up yesterday and has gone off to it's new owner, a chap called Paul that will hopefully join this forum, complete the car and get it registered. I would still recommend building one of these to anybody, it was a truly great experience and one that I shall never forget. I was very proud of what I built, I am sure that those of you that now drive your creations around get a very special feeling every time you get behind the wheel. I have effectively swapped mine for a car that I have always wanted but never thought I would ever have a chance of owning - a Jaguar XJR 4 litre supercharged fire breathing monster with Paramount performance mods to release 420 BHP. Driving a gentleman's drawing room that will do 0-60 in 5 seconds dead is quite an experience. It's the acceleration from 70 that is truly startling though.
So thanks to all for the masses of help and advice over the last 18 months, I hope I put something back from time to time.
I wish you all the very best, there are some amazing works of art coming along now, you should all be very proud of yourselves, not many people have the gumption to do what you guys are doing.
Take care out there.
Dave.
Old 16th June 2011, 01:46 PM

Nice post! Good luck, BUT how you can afford the fuel and insurance!?!
Old 16th June 2011, 01:54 PM

LOL. being an old git helps a lot. Believe it or not the insurance was just £76 per year more than my 2.0 mondeo diesel
Insuring Mrs as the primary driver on that reduced the premium by about the same amount. These multi car policies are the mutts nuts sometimes.
I was expecting at least 500 quid but it was surprisingly cheap in the end.
The fuel is a different matter, I have averaged 18mpg thus far - mainly town work. The computer says it's doing about 3.5 MPG with the foot to the floor. I guess I am going to have to buy a new dress and hang around outside the train station. Again.
Old 16th June 2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I guess I am going to have to buy a new dress and hang around outside the train station. Again.
ehehe, right 'o
Old 17th June 2011, 12:02 PM

I'm sure you have done the right thing Dave, and you've got yourself a beast that will certainly take your thoughts away from the roadster you've let go to a good home.

Been a pleasure working with you on the wide scoop bonnet and dohc mods along with various other things and all the best Dave for new ventures to come.

Keep in touch......Andrew

Regards..........AndyH
Old 17th June 2011, 08:49 PM

Cheers, Andy. I have told the new owner about you and your business, hopefully you will get acquainted with him at some point.
I wish you all the best, your products are the highest quality and with your exceptional customer services you really deserve to succeed, I am sure you will.
I will still hang around here from time to time, my interest in these great cars has not been diminished, I may even build something else at some point.
Best to all,
Dave
PS that big bonnet bulge should be compulsory, it's effing gorgeous