Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Chassis
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th June 2012, 11:25 AM

Default saturn / nts.. v talon ???

right then... as im based in durham, i went to visit nathan at nts and decided that once id got a job.. some cash and time , i was going to get a frame from him.... reason being i have never welded before, so thought , as i drive like a lunatic, safety was the best option ..lol..and i could just go and pick it up, chuck it on the roof rack and job done.. however, with nts now closing, i have been looking at the talon frame.... now my question... is there much difference in either frame??... do you use the same parts from the donor car ?? is there anything i nedd to consider about anything ?.... cheers in anticipation of answers mm
Old 20th June 2012, 11:47 AM

Anyone that has bought stuff from Talon has always been impressed with the quality of his work. He also says that all welding is done by a welder with 15 yrs experience so I personally wouldn't hesitate to buy a chassis from him. Both the Nts and Talon chassis will be to book spec so all parts will fit as stated in the book. Talon does do some good deals on ebay on wishbone sets also.
Old 20th June 2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy1 View Post
Anyone that has bought stuff from Talon has always been impressed with the quality of his work. He also says that all welding is done by a welder with 15 yrs experience so I personally wouldn't hesitate to buy a chassis from him. Both the Nts and Talon chassis will be to book spec so all parts will fit as stated in the book. Talon does do some good deals on ebay on wishbone sets also.
I'm backing up Ozzy on that point. Work is of great quality, prices are more than OK, and chassis will be made according to the book, so no problem to fit any part from the donor (Sierra).
Old 20th June 2012, 02:47 PM

I've used Talon (Phil) for flat pack, wishbones, polybushes, crush tubes and rear uprights. All work of good quality and very helpful friendly service - top guy.
Old 20th June 2012, 02:51 PM

I'll second that, I got my wishbones and rear uprights from him and they where top notch
Old 20th June 2012, 02:55 PM

cheers lads... wasnt wondering about the quality, as ive seen pics and not heard bad reports.... i was more bothered about wether there was going to be more stuff to do... dunno if that makes sense..... i talked to nathan, so had a good idea as to what i was going to do, just wasnt sure about talon..... but if theyre basically a book chassis then i know what i ned to do ( within reason..lol..) i will be buying wishbones too, and have checked out his deals on eblag ... very good....

on a note, m gonna go down the mx5 route, as theres a greater abundance of them at reasonable(ish ) prices ... still only looking into this, as am waiting to see if i get kept on at my new job....
Old 20th June 2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtipping View Post
I've used Talon (Phil) for flat pack, wishbones, polybushes, crush tubes and rear uprights. All work of good quality and very helpful friendly service - top guy.
And he always has time to chat about stuff you want done thats none book. Not phased by variation.

bob

The cave http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/my...deshow/mancave

The build http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12669
Old 20th June 2012, 10:42 PM

I've had stuff from Phil (Talon) and its top notch stuff. Always delighted.
The guy doesn't get enough credit.

Discount looming?--------------------------------------------------------------- Only joking I'm on the last lap. just need to tidy up my electrickery and a couple of ally panels
Old 21st June 2012, 11:02 AM

Probably more likely to get finished that way as you would have everything to hand more or less,it's hard to get started once you stop for parts and money etc.

If at first you dont succeed,avoid skydiving...

No parachute require to freefall,only if you want to do it twice.
Old 21st June 2012, 12:57 PM

i dont have any talon products myself but i have seen some of his metalwork and is by far the best quality roadster parts and i also think the price is fair.
he is also on the forum offering support regularly