Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th April 2011, 06:13 PM

Default v8 vantage vs haynes roadster

I know what your thinking, a link of a hr vs a aston martin although i reckon the haynes would win with a nicely tuned engine , but again i went to do an experience day yesterday at prodive in warwickshire! ever since i was a little boy ive always loved aston martins! and well... bit let down to be hohnest dont get me wrong beautiful car loveley seats and sounds amazing but just didnt give me that wow! i drove HandyAndys roadster when i picked up my chassis kit which i shall point out i was priveleged to drive !
and i had much more fun driving that around a little cul-de-sac at 30 miles per hour!

none the less the aston was fun tho

morel of this story is build a roadster!
Old 9th April 2011, 06:24 PM

I drove an aston martin v8 at an experience day last year and the guy sitting next to me wouldnt let me thrash it for obvious reasons! he was telling me when to change up/brake etc etc

On my last lap i left it in gear and nailed it down the back straight as he couldnt throw me out as it was my last lap anyway!

He was highly unimmpressed to say the least! but at least i got a feel of what it could do

I have had my roadster around the same track (quite tight) and im certain my roadster would run rings around it until the main straight where the aston would deal out an ass whippin but the roadster would be that far ahead by that point it wouldnt matter anyway!

Gorgeous cars but more of a grand tourer than a race car
Old 9th April 2011, 06:31 PM

Yeah I feel ya pain man, telling me when to upshift ect and what gear to be in was a lil disappointing :/ but yeah for the price you pay for an Aston your paying for the name and obviously build quality as they are fantastically furnished cars! I did t fancy pushing my luck so I just did as I was told :/ haha I did ask the gent If I could drift it and he laughed and sternly said no ! Ha! was kinda annoying as I payed for the insurance as well!!

Michael
Old 9th April 2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael92 View Post
i drove HandyAndys roadster when i picked up my chassis kit which i shall point out i was priveleged to drive !
and i had much more fun driving that around a little cul-de-sac at 30 miles per hour!

none the less the aston was fun tho

morel of this story is build a roadster!
I,m pleased that my Roadster had such an impact on you Michael

Tho mine only has the CVH engine ( at the moment ) so not a fire breather, I was at saturns unit this morning for the Bar B Q ( can,t resist the Monkey burgers ), forum member "Mark" was there with his Roadster too, which I must say is looking stunning & sounds even better, anyways......I had to laugh when someone asked him "what engines it got"...his reply "Oh JUST a 2ltr ST" , made me smile as it made it sound like it wasn,t such a fancy engine Just ask Nathan what it was like

cheers
andy
Old 9th April 2011, 08:52 PM

put it this way, i wont be wearing these pants again! I very nearly threw up my burgers aswell! I did take a video but i dont think it would be very wise to post it up on the tinternet incase pc plod is watching.

Hats off to mark, beautiful looking car, goes just as well as it looks too.

Regards
Nathan
Old 9th April 2011, 08:57 PM

Nice! I remember when i was going down the motorway and a Red Ferrari (not sure what type all look the same to me but was old F reg) overtook me in my... volvo. I was in a convoy at the time but decided to have a little fun. It was only at a 142 that i realised i was going a bit too quick but i WISH i had seen his face when he looked in the rear mirror to see a 97 Volvo 940 estate behind him keeping up.
Granted the volvo was not quite stock but still a laugh. Got to love the last run batch of the old volvo's that had the factory forged internals i swapped out the mitsi turbo for a t3 lol was running 16psi all day.

Anyhow to get back on topic! I cant wait to go on a track day with some mint cars with my roadster. I only hope i can race some Skylines with the same engine lol.

Skyline Roadster
Old 9th April 2011, 09:00 PM

Cheers lads i am chuffed with it to be honest, the winter upgrades turned it into the car i always wanted from the start, but we all have to jump through the iva hoops dont we!!
Old 9th April 2011, 09:59 PM

I feel all left out cant wait for mine to take a bit more shape!! keep changing my mind about engines though! im a *#%£$"& for making my mind up!! @HandyAndy, yeah i know its only a cvh , not a massive fan of them engines but the drive just feels nice in a roadster your basically on the floor with wind in your face! Love it!
Im looking forward too seeing Eternal's! thats gonna be a monster!