Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > General discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd April 2011, 08:48 PM

Hi Matt

I think this request has been made in the past but it was a long time ago.

Don't know if the Haynes admin ever came to a decision about that particular request.

Personaly I feel that a suppliers list would be a great asset to the forums membership & could easily be incorperated within the links section, this would negate the need to expand the front pages topic list.

It would be nice to have a wide choice of suppliers to choose from & knowing their geographic location would be a great help to one & all.

Based in the far West the delivery costs of large bulky items can greatly add to the cost of the build.

This is one reason I was sad to see 3GE close up shop It was great to be able to support a local firm to recieve top quality products & get a great service from great people.

Bad enough when Fabby had to call it a day .... How lucky was I, top notch stuff, right on my own doorstep .... Blimey I am missing the nutter already, where can you find madcap humour like that for free

I'll give you an example of what I mean !!

Given my location here in the deepest part of the West country & say for instance I wanted to start my build with a pre-fabricated chassis.
I only know of two available options

That would be either Talon or Saturn

Putting my money saving head on, I would be an absolute moron not to pick up the phone & ask Phil at Talon " What can you do for me "

60-70 quids worth of petrol would see me in Essex to collect my chassis & I could visit some of my long lost relations at the same time.

I know that Saturn would also supply a pre-fabricated chassis but with petrol at its current price, bit of a no goer from the outset, collection wise that is.

So Matt

At this current time, all we can do is spread the good word & sing the praises of the very few suppliers of dedicated Roadster parts within the pages of this forum.

As Ash said in a recent post, the more suppliers the better .... If anyone has had dealings with a particular supplier if you feel that praise is due, sing away
Be it Saturn, Talon or anyone new.
I am sure no one will think badly of you in doing so.

All of our traders deserve a fair & equal crack of the whip

Here endeth the sermon for this evening

www.roadster-builders.co.uk

Last edited by Bonzo : 3rd April 2011 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Re arrange text