Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Running gear
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th April 2010, 10:35 AM

Default Haynes Wishbones an a McSorley+4

I have a McSorley 7+4 chassis and need to sort out the front wishbones which (I think) should really be to the original book sizes.

However I already have some Roadster type top wishbones which were probably made by MK and are unused.

Although they are longer than book wishbones I wondered if they would be OK on my chassis which is closer to a Roadster in width.

The only other concern us that the threaded tube which takes the Transit TRE is angled on the Roadster design but straight on the book version. Is this because of the use of Sierra uprights? I have Cortina uprights.

Would it be OK to use my existing (Roadster) top bones and make some new lower bones basically to the Roadster design but possibly without the bend in the Maxi joint mounting plate and with the overall length reduced by 35mm as per the GTS site.

Hope this makes some sense.

John.
Old 12th April 2010, 01:15 PM

Nope. You'll need wishbones for Cortina uprights. Using Sierra wishbones will ruin the handling, self centring and a million other suspension geometry issues that I don't fully understand.