Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th March 2011, 03:36 PM

Unhappy late delivery of parts a few sorrys

If any body has been waiting for parts from me over the past 2-3 weeks either through ebay or via here I'd just like to explain why.
When TMS started trading 2 years ago it was started with a £300 loan from the house keeping and tools that I had through building pocket money grasstrack cars. Now standing on it's own feet for the past year I have found that there are not enough hours in the day to get products out of the door, answer the phone, reply to emails/ebay messages, build a web site/Eshop and support my ill wife. Those that remember from a previous post my wife is Bipolar and the past month has had bad news from both ends of the family, any body that has had depression will know that it's like kicking some one when they're down. Last week I was brought down to earth in a very big way when I found that she had taken an over dose.
As of next week TMS will be run on reduced hours instead of 10hr days 6 days a week I will be only doing 6-8 hrs a day 4-5 days aweek.
To try and organise myself and support for my wife as of next week all orders placed will be replyed too with an invoice and a rough delivery date, this date my be up to 3 weeks but if it is sooner customers will be emailed of it being dispatched.
Again I am sorry if any body has have their build slowed or in some case completly stopped but my home life has to come first and I need to reorganise how I do buisness for every thing to carry on.
Phil@Talon Motor Fabrication

Direct email phil@talonmotorfabrication.co.uk

talonmotorfabrication@gmail.com

Mobile office hours 07514098334
Old 18th March 2011, 04:44 PM

Hope everything sorts itself out Phil - family always comes first.

All the best

Adrian

http://s1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff406/adrianreeve/
Old 18th March 2011, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Those that remember from a previous post my wife is Bipolar and the past month has had bad news from both ends of the family, any body that has had depression will know that it's like kicking some one when they're down. Last week I was brought down to earth in a very big way when I found that she had taken an over dose.
I have very very close experience of the above, the latter part on more than one occasion.

Look after your family, look after yourself, get somone to look out for you.

TT

Build Thread

Man Cave Mantiques

Cecil Street Auto Repairs Garage Carlisle

Build Cost £4181.65 - Last - Wheel Cylinders
Old 18th March 2011, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

family first mate. hope the reduced hours helps your wife cope better, its not the end of the world if people have to wait a bit longer for their orders.

My Pictures
http://s707.photobucket.com/user/ashgardiner/profile/
Old 20th March 2011, 04:54 PM

best wishes from me i hope everything gets better asap for the both of you.

i had a bit of a rough time of late and it was real good to get support and kind messages from all the guys (and the builders wife's and girlfrends) its so easy to think it only happens to you and so hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel
Old 20th March 2011, 05:33 PM
fabbyglass

Been there myself so I know the position you are in, at first you think what's the point but when you realise folk are prepared to wait if you explain it makes life easier although it was me me that then lost the plot and gave up for a nearly 2 years. It was a random phone call from a bloke wanting a pair of seats that got me digging the moulds out then that damn Chris Gibbs bloke went and wrote that damn book and buuuuuuuuggger they I was back faffing about making kit car bodywork....All gone for now...

Keep at it dude.