Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Donor cars
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th November 2008, 09:57 PM

Default Definitive list of bits from the Sierra

Gents - I know Chris has a list in his book of the main bit required from the donor but does anyone have a definitive list of things required and things that might be useful from the donor?
Old 11th November 2008, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator

when i stripped mine i just removed absolutly everything and filled my little shed down the bottom of the garden from floor to roof! only thing i forgot about was the steering wheel so my colum now sports a nice set of molegrips on the end
Old 12th November 2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshG View Post
when i stripped mine i just removed absolutly everything and filled my little shed down the bottom of the garden from floor to roof! only thing i forgot about was the steering wheel so my colum now sports a nice set of molegrips on the end
Me too, but strangely enough i remembered the steering wheel but have now lost or forgotten to keep the 2 plastic shrouds to hide all the wires. Should anyone have a spare one or an alternative i would very much appreciate it..

Don't forget to keep every nut and bolt and connectors that you remove. Its always the one you cant find thats an awkward bugger to replace.

Andy
Old 14th November 2008, 12:53 PM

Keep as much as you can you never know what you will find a use for.

So far I have used the washer bottle pipe as some edge trim on an ally panel and brake pipe protection where it was too close to chassis.

The drain tube that runs from the sun roof as wiring conduit and protection for hand brake cable.

This is nice thick black plastic tube and think it might find a use a SVA nut covers too.

The seat belts for lifting the engine (probably should not recommend it but that's what I did.)

Last but not least I used the threaded bar and wing nut which held the jack to fix a toilet seat (not on the car).